Monday, April 23, 2007

Cleaning Up, Clearing Out

It has come to my attention that the blog has become as much a detriment as an asset; that people may judge me easily based on my written words of a year or two ago as opposed to the way I present myself today.

Since I'd rather be evaluated on my own terms, I've decided to take down nearly everything. I leave below the one post that encapsulates my attitude towards hashgacha, and which I think about nearly every day. If you would wish to judge me based on this blog, this is the post that I would ask you to read first, and it's really the only post that's necessary.

I would also like to continue taking credit for the Do de Daf song. I hope that by the time the next Siyum HaShas comes around, it will become an international Jewish hit.

That's all, folks. May God illuminate your lives during this month of light. Peace to you and shalom al yisrael.

9 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger Shifra said...

Yeah I second that.

I sometimes feel like pulling down old posts too but I try to resist it. I think of my blog as a active documentation of my evolution as a person and a writer rather than a permanent and defining work.

 
At 3:19 AM, Blogger Ezzie said...

What both Steg and Shifra said. Sometimes I look back and think "I said THAT!? Wow..." and other times I look back and think "*I* said that?! Wow..."

But I hear ya.

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sad, becuase I was told just now about your blog from a friend who said he thought you and I would have similar thoughts on things (he knows of you because he knows one of your sisters) and I also fondly think of my lab rat life... I called the process of working on my Ph.D. (still doing that) a course in "lab rat zen" at one point. Well, perhaps I'll meet you in person and be stunned by the emerging words of Torah over someone's shabbat lunch table. I totally understand why it is down, but I am sad that this is so. Your siyum to kelim post was really lovely. Kelim is incredibly difficult to learn and long, so you are to be congratulated stam. I confess that I never made it through kelim myself, but found enough odd tidbits in eduyot that I wasn't sure I'd ever want to go through kelim. You're inspiring me to go be hungry for more torah ;-) very nice, though really first, I have to finish zeraim... I'm bound to it for a promise I made to a friend who is now niftar. I hope you're enjoying the rest of your interning in Manhattan. cheers.

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

all the best for everything.
shall miss your wise posts.

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Lab Rab said...

Thanks all for the kind words. Removing the blog has actually prompted a great deal of introspection about my core identity and neshama. I am happy that I have done so, just so that I could be priveleged to experience those feelings.

Best of luck in RL. --Avi.

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wise man...

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Mazal tov on your wedding!

(And you'll always be the legend behind "do da daily daf"

:-)

 
At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Avraham said...

not so many people have something worth reading...i think you need to come out of retirement buddy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home